It’s a new year and a time to get out with the old and in with the new. One of the major changes people prefer doing when making some changes is remodeling their homes. If your home has been the same way for a good 15 or more years, perhaps it’s time for a little makeover. In fact, home remodeling ideas to improve your property might be large and expensive or they can be minor yet affordable and effectively doing a great job.
From cabinet makers to granite countertop installations and luxury vinyl flooring services, you can get all you need from trusted contractor companies in your area.
What Are the Benefits of Remodeling Your Home?
Making some changes to your home not only improves the ROI when the time comes to sell again, but it also changes your environment for good. It is a positive change; thus, psychologically, you’ll feel happier living in your new and improved home.
Some amazing benefits of upgrading your home include but are not limited to the following:
- Return on your interest, which is excellent, when reselling your home.
- It might have therapeutic effects on your life since you enjoy your home even more.
- Patio building services will help you create the perfect outdoor entertainment area.
- You may love your new and improved home so much that it increases your mood and feelings since you feel happier in renovated spaces.
- You have a new look for your home to last for a few years.
- Lower your utility costs by adding power-saving and water solutions.
- With new and improved outer areas and property aesthetics, your neighbors may see you as an ideal homeowner.
- You may have positive physical effects because of the remodel. Improving the flow and ease of reach in your home will reduce movements that previously caused the injury.
- You may see lower stress levels in your new home. Since you can design your interiors to suit your needs and conditions.
Replace Your Old Roof
Home remodeling ideas to improve your property include a roof replacement. Many roofs have a shelf-life of about 25 to 50 years before needing an overhaul. To replace your roof, you need qualified roof installation experts to help you do this. Even if you resell your property after the local roofers have installed it, the new people would benefit from the new roof too. The roof would generally come with an extended warranty available for them should anything happen to the roof after having it installed.
Work With Your Local Roofers
When replacing your roof, work with a professional team to help you complete this. Replacing a roof takes more than do-it-yourself know-how, you need special tools and machinery and extra teams to help you.
What are the benefits of walking with local roofers?
- The job is safer than doing it yourself (equipment, safety hoists, hard hats, safety harnesses, etc)
- The job will get done quicker when professionals are doing it.
- There’s a warranty for quality work that you can use if needed. For instance, if any issues occur during the warranty period, the company that installed the roof can fix it for you.
- Value for your money because you are getting professional workmanship installed. This is an investment well done. If inexperienced, unprofessional install your roof, you may pay more to repair faults that could have been avoided had you used a professional service.
To install or redo a roof may cost around $5,000-$12,000, with the price depending on property location, roof shape, materials needed, and possible complications, making it harder to do due to sloping and unique angles.
Add New Air Conditioning
It may seem insignificant compared to larger renovation aspects, but a new AC or installation of an HVAC system is a home remodeling idea to improve your property.
If you already have AC installed, you may want to get an upgraded version or something better than the previous system installed. It might have been many years since the installation and the upgrade will benefit not only you and the rest of the household but also increase the property value.
AC installation costs can be anything between $3,000-$7,500. The price of an ac installation depends on the property’s location, the unit’s size, the property’s layout, and how much energy is used.
Benefits of ac installation for your home:
- Enjoy cooler air on warm summer days or in warmer climates.
- An energy-efficient ac system will save you money on your energy bill.
- AC lowers the risk of dehydration and heat stroke.
- Adds comfort to the interiors.
- Enjoy better air quality when the filters and proper maintenance are implemented.
- It may reduce the chances of insects because you would have the windows closed while the ac is cycling.
- Better work focus as being too hot can cause discomfort and loss of focus and work productivity.
- Have no more worries about sweaty, sleepless nights due to hot weather.
- Air conditioning dries the air to the extent that it helps prevent moisture and mold, which is bad for health.
Install New Flooring
Home remodeling ideas to improve your property start with flooring. Great flooring is a showstopper.
Some home upgrades make a massive change even if they cost less than other renovations done on the property. Take flooring for example, changing your flooring or installing new flooring is going to change a large part of your interior’s aesthetics since it is one of the things people see when entering your home.
Many Flooring Options Include but Are Not Limited To:
They are beautiful, and many of the textures are easy to clean. Still, wood stains and can also damage by moisture. Sometimes it’s harder to clean than other flooring options.
Since this is a synthetic take on actual wooden floors, the engineered flooring is easier to maintain and doesn’t stain in moisture. It looks exactly like real wood.
Vinyl is not only quite affordable, but it also provides easy-to-maintain and great aesthetic options for your floors. Just like engineered hardwood, vinyl is made to be durable and easy to wear and tear.
Stone floors are beautiful and very natural looking. They often turn a regular living space into a rustic dwelling space. Stone may be harder to clean, slippery, and challenging to install. Your patio building service might recommend stone flooring for the outdoor areas, still, it’s versatile for indoor use.
Floor tiles are available in many options like granite, porcelain, and ceramic, to name a few. They all look great and must be done professionally for the best outcomes at the end of the project. Luxury vinyl flooring services can help you with all floor textures in vinyl but can often also help with the other beautiful options mentioned already.
Design a New Landscape
Make it a new concept and thus a new outdoor area with gardening and other landscaping is done afresh. You may have an existing garden that you love and just want to add more unique features. Getting professional landscape designers that are skilled and passionate about their work are the ones who are always looking forward to their customers smiling as they enjoy their newly kitted-out home spaces.
Benefits of landscape designers
What benefits of working with landscape designers in your home makeover? Gardening is excellent for your mental well-being, which as a result, positively impacts the overall property value. When well maintained, it will always look lush and beautiful.
- Landscapers apply their knowledge in plants and accompanying plant and tree species so all can grow and live in harmony with each other.
- Use quality plant feed and other nutritious goods for plants and trees.
- Pests are managed better, and they can advise about what to use and what not.
- A beautiful garden makes for a beautiful curb appeal.
- An established beautiful garden increases the property value when reselling.
Landscaping can cost anywhere between $4-$15 per square foot.
Pave Your Driveway
Instead of grass, go with a paved driveway. Using pavers and special designs to make your driveway and home entrance look even neater and more beautiful will work for your home’s property value. Asphalt driveways are common in many places and they are low maintenance. Asphalt is essentially concrete that’s been treated to withstand weather and traffic.
Paving your driveway can cost up to $30 per square foot.
Benefits of paving your driveway include but are not limited to:
- Neat and tidy home entrance
- Beautiful curb appeal
- Paving increases your property’s value
- Paving can be a long-term affordable option and lasts a long time.
Build a Deck
Consider a deck install because these have gorgeous curb appeal and greatly increase the property value. The deck is a beautiful aesthetic addition to any home and it sets the tone, especially for outdoor entertainment.
Decks can be wooden and done around a pool or as part of the garden. There are many options to choose from and if you work with a professional team, they can help you select the best options and look for your home and budget needs.
To install a deck can cost around $20-$50 per square foot.,
Prices often differ in every county and factors that may influence the price include how expensive the area is, the type of grounds to work on, materials, and labor costs.
Install New Doors
Sometimes thinking about the doors is not even a factor when it comes to renovating a property. However, the doors are another aspect people tend to see, and the front entrance door more than the others is even more important. Some people opt for grand double doors, some prefer keeping it simple with wood finished and others prefer glass for lighter and flow in space.
A door installation can be done on all the bedrooms as well as the garage door to lift the look of the home.
Garage door installations may cost between $260 low-end, mid-range $1,200, and high-end $3,000. The same as with other modifications, the job’s price depends on the materials, the timeframe, the area, and the complication level of the unique situation.
Kitchen installations are very common and one of the main forms of upgrades that increase property value. Some of the main features people change when upgrading are kitchen cabinets, granite counter top installations, and flooring.
Sometimes not even the flooring is changed, instead only the kitchen cabinets and countertops are often enough to do the trick of improving the ROI and adding a more enjoyable experience for the owners or residents staying there.
Kitchen renovations can cost between $10,000-$50,000 with many factors that influence the price.
Bathroom Installation and Upgrades
Second to a kitchen is the bathroom deserves an upgrade and has become one of the most popular ones people do. Bathroom upgrades also include flooring, wall tiles, shower, and other fixtures. Sometimes just changing the fixtures, like the bath sink or the toilet is a big enough change.
Bathroom renovations could cost around $70-$300 per square foot.
Install New Cabinets
Installing new cabinets throughout the house is also a nice upgrade that many homeowners enjoy. Cabinet installs are not as pricey as other upgrades and sometimes very affordable, even when nice materials are used.
Cabinet makers can do all types of designs and also custom cabinets for their customers. Again, when professionals help you upgrade your home, you’re making a wise investment with warranties for peace of mind.
Cabinets can cost $100-$1,200 per square foot.
After reading these handy home remodeling ideas to improve your property, are you feeling geared up to start your project renovation for 2023? Get the professionals to help and get quotations before deciding on finalized options. Also remember that factors like materials, location, and the extent of the job all play a role in the price.