What Type Of Windows?
When replacing the windows in your home, you want something that is chic, but dependable. However, with so many different types of windows to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which type is right for you. To help make your search just a little bit easier, here is why you should look into wood windows.
The Benefits Of Wood Windows
- Durability. When it comes to durability, wood windows hold their own. Wood that is sealed correctly is able to withstand extreme weather without cracking or warping, unlike standard vinyl. They can also hold up to high and low temperatures without expanding or contracting, unlike frames made of metal. Overall, this ensures proper insulation that can help keep air from entering or escaping.
- Insulation. Wood windows stand out as being excellent for insulation, especially when compared to metal and vinyl. This is due to their natural durability mentioned above, but when paired with energy efficient glass it can provide even more protection against the elements. In the end this helps cut down on energy bills, as more heat will be kept in during the winter, and out during the summer.
- Maintenance. Many people tend to think that wood windows require too much maintenance; however, that is only true if they aren’t sealed correctly. Quality windows will only ever need to be cleaned, at most, twice a year. Aside from that, they won’t need to be resealed for years, and can instead be enjoyed without issue.
- Customization. These windows can also be cut into almost any style you can imagine. Additionally, they can be painted in any shade you want. This makes wood windows perfect for any style home, both modern and traditional. When paired with wooden doors of a similar style, it can make for a cohesive and eye catching design choice.
- Cost. While these windows tend to cost more than vinyl or metal alternatives, you get what you pay for in this case. If kept in good condition these windows will last longer than other types. In addition to that, the energy efficiency ends up saving you even more money in the long run. This is one investment that you can count on for years to come.
- The Classic Look. Whether you have a modern home, or a historic home, these windows never go out of style. They offer a timeless design, while being durable and long lasting. There is a reason why so many old constructions stand the test of time, with the right materials anything is possible. Sometimes the classic styles are the best choice.
Wood windows offer a classic look, while being able to stay the test of time. They are durable, provide superior insulation, and can be customized to fit whatever unique design scheme you choose. If you are looking to replace your windows, this investment is one you can feel proud of making.