If your house hasn’t been repainted in a long time, it might be time to look into a house painting company to come in and do it for you. Not only does house paint make your home look nicer, increasing your curb appeal, but it also protects the exterior of your home. When the time comes to get it repainted, you can either do it yourself or hire someone to do it for you. While the average cost to get a house painted might be expensive, you’re guaranteed to get good results.
The average cost to have the exterior house painted is going to depend on a number of things. This includes your area and the size of your home. A bigger home will be more expensive to paint. Take some time to shop around. Look for the average cost to have the inside of the house painted as well since this can be a simple investment with big benefits.
Once you know the average cost to have your house painted, you can get quotes from painters in your area. This will help you choose the best one for you.
House painting is an expensive project no matter what method or color you choose. However, you don’t have to spend a fortune. Most homeowners can paint the outside of their houses on a budget with careful planning, research, and professional advice.
Although painting may appear to be a simple undertaking, most professionals advise against taking on this project on your own. Painting outside is more challenging than painting inside since some siding materials are tough to paint. It would help to consider environmental factors like wind and humidity and the average cost for exterior home painting before painting. The outside of your home is the first thing guests and potential purchasers will see, so you want it to look as good as possible. Since this is the case, getting the best house painting service you can find is a great option.
When you hire professional painters for your house painting project, they’ll provide you with the average cost paint house and the average cost for house painting exterior. Since work for each house painting job is different, the painter cannot estimate the average cost of repainting a house until they’ve seen the home and evaluated the paint job in person.
Your home’s general appearance, as well as its marketability and resale value, can increase significantly by applying a new coat of paint. However, the investment required for such a fresh start is substantial. The average cost of repainting a house varies significantly. The time and average cost paint house needed to paint a larger home will increase in proportion to the area that needs to be painted.
House painting companies will use a formula that considers both the house’s total square footage and the total linear foot of trim when estimating the price of a job. It will help them estimate how much paint they need to complete the job. Your painter will then use this estimate as a starting point to factor in additional materials, labor, or time costs.
Whether you hire a professional painter or do the work yourself, you can keep the typical average cost painting outside of house or interior to a minimum by giving the project some thought and planning ahead of time. Before hiring a painter, it is a good idea to get many estimates from several home painting businesses on the average cost of painting exterior house.
So you’ve bought a new home and you’re ready to liven it up and really put your stamp on it, eh?
One of the best ways to make that happen is to add a fresh coat of paint. After all, new paint can liven up a room and really give new homeowners a sense of accomplishment as they turn their house into a comforting home.
When it comes to painting, you can always hire interior house painters to do the job. Or if you’re really wanting to establish your house as your home, you can paint it yourself. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with making painting a DIY project, but it isn’t always as easy as it looks.
If you’re going to skip the interior house painters and paint yourself, here are seven tips for doing the perfect painting job:
- Do prep work: Before you pop open the paint cans and wet the brushes, you’re going to want to do a visual inspection of your house first. The last thing you want to do is jump right in only to discover there’s a huge problem that’s going to require your attention. Before you get to painting, do a bit of wall washing with soap and rinse them with clean water. Take a look too for cracking, peeling and flaking. If you’ve got areas like that in your home, you’re going to want to sand and scrape those areas before you get to applying paint.
- Invest: If you’re going to be spending money so you and your spouse can be interior house painters, it pays to invest in quality equipment. You’re already going to need to buy paint, so why not invest in high-end painter’s tape, high-quality brushes, good rollers and whatever other equipment you’re going to need. It’s your house you’re painting, so you’re going to want to show care and you can show that care by ultimately doing a good painting job.
- Protect: Before you do any painting, do a little more prep work to protect other aspects of your house. You’re going to want to cover the floors, cover the furniture, throw down newspapers and drop clothes and do whatever else you have to do to protect your belongings while you paint. Trying to paint around things like light switch and outlet covers or door frames is mostly likely going to be a recipe for disaster.
- Prime the painting area: If you’ve already got a clean and smooth surface to paint on, but you might also run into a situation where you’re going to need to apply primer to the walls before you get to painting. It’s true that most home improvement stores sell paint and primer combinations, but you may run into some challenging surfaces where it’s not going to work the way you’re hoping it will.
- Box the paint: First things first, if you and your spouse are going to play interior house painters, you’re going to need to figure out how much paint you need. A salesman can help you figure that out and once you have that number, get it all at once and mix it. By using this process—known as boxing the paint—it keeps your color consistent, assuming you’re painting the entire house.
- Trust your roller: When it comes to interior house painting, your paint roller can be your best friend. Many commercial paints can be applied easily and you don’t have to apply much pressure with a roller for the paint to stick. An extension pole will help you access hard-to-reach areas and you can paint a whole room without having to strain yourself.
- Paint the right way: When it comes to painting, make sure you paint from top to bottom. This will allow you to paint right over any mistakes you have and help you avoid the dripping that’s common by going from bottom to top. Once you’ve covered an area, leave it be. Disturbing it or painting over it can leave the marks and color streaks that you’re trying to avoid.
If you’re going to do a paint job yourself, take the time to do some prep work, invest in quality equipment and make sure you paint the right away to do a job you can be proud of.