New year. New project.
After a house full of company during most of the holiday you are anxious to get back to the house remodeling projects that you have scheduled for the new year. Your husband has agreed to work with a contractor to consider a couple of different options for some kitchen renovations. Given that you have been in your home for just over 20 years, it is definitely time to make sure that you update the appliances in your home. You have replaced the dishwasher a couple of times, but you are ready to invest in some new energy efficient models that will coordinate with the new backsplash that you like the most.
Kitchen and Bathroom House Remodeling Projects Add Significant Value to a Home of Any Size
After moving into a previously owned home or after living in a new home for 20 years, many home owners make the decision to invest in remodeling upgrades. Not surprising, two of the most common upgrades that home owners undertake are bathroom and kitchen remodels. From investing in more energy efficient appliances to making sure that you have easy to clean and maintain bathroom flooring and counter options, many of the changes that new and long time home owners make add value to their home as well as function.
Statistics show that even a minor kitchen remodel can bring an 82.7% return on investment (ROI). Only slightly less, bathroom additions offer an average of 86.4% ROI. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the home remodeling industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 90% homeowners are changing the style of their master bathroom during an upgrade or remodeling project.
- 30% of survey respondents were expanding their shower size by 50% or more, according to the 2016 HOUZZ Bathroom Trends Study.
- 80% of renovating home owners are replacing major bathroom features like flooring, showers, countertops, and sinks.
- 76% of home owners indicate that they plan to make a change the style of their kitchen during their next renovation project.
- 87% of home owners who are renovating their bathrooms indicate that they are updating their shower.
- 93% of the home owners who are updating countertops during a kitchen renovation, and the majority of them are choosing natural stone materials.
Do your plans for the new year include making upgrades to your home? If you are like many Americans who want to make a change in the design of your home with a house remodel, you are likely changing something about your kitchen or your bathroom, both decisions that will add value to your property.