So you’re thinking about installing motorized window treatments. These can be a great addition to your home, as long as you make smart decisions about what you purchase. If you’re looking for some guidance on motorized window treatments, check out these few tips to help you make a good decisions.
- Ensure your window treatments will be compatible with the motor. While most window treatments can be motorized, it’s important to make sure early on that your window treatments will work with a motor. You don’t want to end up spending money on window treatments and a motor, only to find out they won’t work together.
- Find out how durable the motor is. Investing in motorized blinds or shades is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Depending on how many windows you’re installing automated window blinds for along with the type and cost of motors, you could end up investing a lot of money. With that in mind, it’s important to know your motorized window treatments will last a long time.
- Figure out how the motor is powered. There are different types of power sources for motorized window treatments, including battery powered, solar powered, and plug-in. It’s important to explore these options and their benefits to decide which is the best choice for you.
- Make sure the motor isn’t too noisy. Before you purchase your automated window blinds, ask to see the motor in action. That way, you’ll be able to hear how loud the motor is and if it’s a noise you can be comfortable with having in your home.
- Ask about customer support services. If you’re having issues with your motorized window treatments, you’ll need customer service support. You’ll want to ensure you’ll have high quality customer service so you can rest assured that if an issue does arise, it’ll get taken care of swiftly and efficiently.
- See what remote options or apps can integrate with the motor. Before purchasing your motors, find out what kind of remote options they’re compatible with. Most motorized shades can be paired with smartphones, so find out how to set yours up to get the most out of your new blinds and shades. With that in mind, explore the different remote options that can be set up with your window treatments to find out what will work best in your home.
Motorized blinds and shades are not all created equal, so it’s important to do your research and ask the right questions to make sure your new smart window treatments are the perfect addition to your home.