Many people do not spend a lot of time thinking about tree care. This is because trees generally take care of themselves when they are outside. Basically, as long as they have enough water, which usually happens naturally because of the rain, and they get enough sun, they will be okay. However, in some cases, you will need to intervene in order to make sure that the tree is taken care of. This might be the case, for example, if it is a baby tree.
If you have never worked with tree care services before, there is a lot that you might want to know. For example, you might wonder, what exactly is all type tree service? What is involved in all you need tree service? Most of the time, the professionals will be able to answer these questions for you or point you in the direction of someone who can. If you want to learn about how to address comprehensive tree care on your own, there are many resources that can tell you how to care for trees of different species. You can also talk to a tree care service, and professionals who work at these places will be able to help you develop your own skills.
Professionals who are interested in commercial tree removal will need a tree consultation. Tree care services can help with both tree maintenance and removal. Individuals who remove one tree might still want to plant another one in a different location afterward.
Businesses often benefit from having trees on their property, and this is also the case for homeowners. Some of the people who remove trees won’t want yards that have no trees, even if one particular tree was old or damaged. After planting a healthy, new tree in a better location, it should be easier for people to get the benefits of having trees without some of the potential negative aspects.
Knowing when to water new trees can help them grow more effectively. These trees have to be watered more often than older trees. When they’re initially planted, they must be thoroughly watered. For the first two weeks after the tree has been planted, the tree has to be watered every day. After that point and during the first three months, it’s important to water the tree every three days at least. The best mulch for new trees varies, but many professionals use wood chips and mulches made with bark.
Asides from their obvious aesthetic attributes, trees can fulfill many practical functions that will positively affect your quality of any homeowner’s life, and of course, wallet.
Not convinced? Here are some of the benefits of trees:
- Trees work as natural sound blockers and absorbents. In fact, trees can reduce noise pollution by up to 40%. This is especially handy if you live near highways, or loud neighbors.
- Trees add positive value to real estate. According to statistics, a yard with trees can add as much 5 to 15% more real estate value, as compared to homes with landscaped yards.
- The addition of trees on the west side of your home can reduce cooling costs during the summer months. Trees effectively shade the sun, preventing your home from heating up more than it should. According to statistics, this can save you as much as 12% on energy bills in 15 years. Did you know that one single tree can produce as much of a cooling effect as 10 air conditioner units in a 20 hour period?
While trees offer incontestable benefits for a homeowner, they do require proper tree care. While tree care services are available from tree specialists, these services can often be inexpensive and unnecessary. With the proper know how, anyone can practice proper tree care.
Here are some ways that you can practice tree care without the help of a professional tree specialist:
- If you live in a dry area, it’s important to water your trees as needed. Most trees need about one inch of water every 7-10 days, though sometimes it varies from specie to specie.
- When it comes to pruning and trimming trees, the Department of Agriculture recommends that you do so once every year, preferably during your trees’ dormant season.
- Mulch can be very beneficial to overall tree health and can make the areas surrounding trees look beautiful. However, avoid piling the mulch up next to the trees, as too much mulch can promote tree rot and disease.
- Trees need ample sunlight! Be certain to plant trees in areas where they will get 50% or more sunlight.