If you are looking to maintain your beautiful landscape design into the fall months, it is recommended that you call in a professional landscaping company so they can perform a lawn analysis for you.
Professional landscapers can help you achieve a well designed and functional landscape design so that you can enjoy every part of your property — and that includes your lawn. In a recent survey, 67% of Americans living in an urban area believed that having a good green space will get them to exercise more regularly. So why not undergo a lawn analysis to make sure you have that quality green space for you and your family?
The analysis: Landscape services vary greatly, from hardscaping to poolscaping to lawn care. During a lawn analysis, your landscaping company will test the pH of your soil, determine what types of weeds are growing in your yard, and will make sure to give you tips and pointers on how to maintain your grass once they’ve laid down the foundation for a beautiful yard.
Here are some of the most effective ways to maintain a healthy lawn:
- Don’t over-fertilize your lawn, using lots of fertilizer only encourages grass to become more susceptible to diseases and insects. Only fertilize once in the fall season.
- Don’t cut your grass too short. Mowing at the highest setting will keep your lawn much more healthy because taller grass prevents weeds from growing. Longer grass also keeps the soil cooler and more moist.
- Don’t apply pesticides, fungicides, or insecticides because these chemicals kill good living things (such as earth worms) that naturally churn and aerate the soil. Landscaping often increases the value of your home by making it more attractive, and you won’t want bare patches in the lawn because you’ve killed everything under the soil.
- You don’t need to water your grass during lengthy droughts because the roots are the most important part of your grass, and those are located underground. The roots can stay alive for months even if the blade/leaf dies.
- Fertilize your lawn in the fall months (October or November) even if this seems counter-intuitive. You want to fertilize then because when the air is cold, the grass stops growing but the soil remains warm enough for the root to continue to grow — this is when it needs the most nutrients.
If you want a beautiful landscape design the following year, start your lawn care now. With the help of a professions lawn analysis, you will be able to determine exactly what your lawn needs to stay healthy. Get more here.